The Decade of (More) Eating, Traveling, Exploring, and Growing!

I didn't make any New Year's resolutions this year. But, since I enter my wonderful 30s tomorrow, I figured I better set this decade off to a great start by listing my plans. It may turn into a rambling, exclamation-mark-filled post, but that's the way most of my monologues go, so here's to a sweet 3rd decade in pursuit of more happiness!

During my 30s, I will: 
  • Travel to Argentina and Chile, hitting the Torres del Paine and Fitz Roy treks, Perito Moreno Glacier, and Tierra del Fuego! 
Hey Bart, we're gonna wake up to this in our horizon very, very soon!
  • Learn the perfect balance of masala spices and master cooking Indian food!! 
My first chapatti lesson
  • Not complain about my lack of power on the bike and get some quad power
Not THAT huge!!! eeeewwwww...
  • Be more accepting and patient. I get easily annoyed at little kids who whine and people who don't know how to use the self check-out lanes in the grocery store. Frog Man at Washington-Lee pool who uses the whole lane even when he's supposed to share; people who don't offer me a bite of their dessert; dog-walkers who don't scoop the poop; cell phone addicts; FedEx packages that require a signature - all of these make me roll my eyes! Patience in my 30s...I can do this...
  • Listen to my mom when she tells me not to wear flip-flops in the winter. Apparently frostbite doesn't only happen on Everest.
Back when I was so young and naive...haha!!! Wearing my flip-flops around the Himalayas
  • Run smart. Too many injuries these past 3 years - and now that my hamstring is 98% healed, I'm loving morning runs too much to risk losing it again!
  • NomNomNom on Ice Cream!!!!

  • Embrace Diversity. 
  • Wear more colorful underwear, just because it makes me happy. 
  • Ignore Bart when he tells me to stop saying "I LOVE YOU!" 
  • Tour through Italy and France on a culinary tour!!!
  • Become an economist
  • Call my grandma on holidays, even if I only know how to say I love you, hello!, How are you, I am fine, I love dumplings, Happy Lunar New Year! in Chinese. 
  • Learn how to make Chinese green onion cakes
  • Use my ice cream maker more. Haagen Dazs and Ben and Jerry's is too easy - ready in a pint - but I need to experiment with homemade flavors!
There's plenty more, but it's 11pm in Cape Town, South Africa now, and I'm crashing. When I wake up, I'll be a withered and old 30-year-old. YAY!!!!

Popular Posts