The Decade of (More) Eating, Traveling, Exploring, and Growing!
I didn't make any New Year's resolutions this year. But, since I enter my wonderful 30s tomorrow, I figured I better set this decade off to a great start by listing my plans. It may turn into a rambling, exclamation-mark-filled post, but that's the way most of my monologues go, so here's to a sweet 3rd decade in pursuit of more happiness!
During my 30s, I will:
- Travel to Argentina and Chile, hitting the Torres del Paine and Fitz Roy treks, Perito Moreno Glacier, and Tierra del Fuego!
|Hey Bart, we're gonna wake up to this in our horizon very, very soon!|
- Learn the perfect balance of masala spices and master cooking Indian food!!
|My first chapatti lesson|
- Not complain about my lack of power on the bike and get some quad power.
|Not THAT huge!!! eeeewwwww...|
- Be more accepting and patient. I get easily annoyed at little kids who whine and people who don't know how to use the self check-out lanes in the grocery store. Frog Man at Washington-Lee pool who uses the whole lane even when he's supposed to share; people who don't offer me a bite of their dessert; dog-walkers who don't scoop the poop; cell phone addicts; FedEx packages that require a signature - all of these make me roll my eyes! Patience in my 30s...I can do this...
- Listen to my mom when she tells me not to wear flip-flops in the winter. Apparently frostbite doesn't only happen on Everest.
|Back when I was so young and naive...haha!!! Wearing my flip-flops around the Himalayas|
- Run smart. Too many injuries these past 3 years - and now that my hamstring is 98% healed, I'm loving morning runs too much to risk losing it again!
- NomNomNom on Ice Cream!!!!
- Embrace Diversity.
- Wear more colorful underwear, just because it makes me happy.
- Ignore Bart when he tells me to stop saying "I LOVE YOU!"
- Tour through Italy and France on a culinary tour!!!
- Become an economist.
- Call my grandma on holidays, even if I only know how to say I love you, hello!, How are you, I am fine, I love dumplings, Happy Lunar New Year! in Chinese.
- Learn how to make Chinese green onion cakes.
- Use my ice cream maker more. Haagen Dazs and Ben and Jerry's is too easy - ready in a pint - but I need to experiment with homemade flavors!
There's plenty more, but it's 11pm in Cape Town, South Africa now, and I'm crashing. When I wake up, I'll be a withered and old 30-year-old. YAY!!!!