Funny Medical Stories from Jordan

Recently, an elderly female volunteer was flown back to the States for medical purposes. Turns out that what she had thought was a chronic sinus problem was really a broken nose!
And in the southern region of Jordan, another volunteer hadn't activated her soba (a gas heater given to all volunteers by the Peace Corps office, after repetitious warnings that if we forget to turn off the gas valve at night, we may die from carbon monoxide poisoning) yet, and came into the Amman office one day to have an appointment with our medical officer, who told her that she had frostbite on her toes. No wonder they were so numb.
A volunteer who works with younger kids got worms (she saw them in her poo) and lice within the first six months of service.

Popular Posts